Thursday, December 23, 2004

OUR TURN: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY MEMORY?

SEEMS LIKE EACH YEAR BECOMES MY FAVORITE
FROM: THE GREENVILLE (SC) NEWS [link]
PUBLISHED THURSDAY, DECEMBER 23, 2004


As hard as it may be to believe, my favorite holiday memory is not chestnuts roasting, Jack Frost nipping or even "The Nick & Jessica Christmas Special."

Continuously learning to be a father, a husband, and hopefully a better person, I realize that my favorite holiday memory hasn't happened yet.

When Addy and I were married six years ago and spent our first Christmas together in our new home with our own tree, that became my favorite memory.

Last year, only months after the birth of our son, I watched him remind us what this season is really about. That became my favorite memory.

For me, if I'm living like I should and enjoying each day to the fullest, each holiday gets better and better.

We all have our Griswold family moments, but like Clark we're determined to make this the best darn Christmas since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny Kaye.

Now almost 14 months old, Trey is becoming his own person. He's discovering the wonders of the world (and the cabinets and the coffee table). He's allowing Addy and me to live vicariously through his toddlerhood.

Will this Christmas be better than the last? Something tells me, "Yes."

TAFT MATNEY, 32, LIVES IN GREENVILLE AND IS THE PRESIDENT OF A LOCAL PUBLIC RELATIONS AND GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS FIRM.

 


TMP and TM PUBLIC RELATIONS & GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS

712 Knollwood Drive     Greenville, SC 29607-5219

Phone: 864/505-8866     Fax: 864/297-3871

HTTP://www.TaftMatney.com

 

 

Per the US Copyright Act of 1976 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA)

Copyright © 1999-2014 TMPR. All rights reserved.

 

BY ACCESSING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS